Kolanka Anil Kumar (Lecturer Carnatic Violin)
Taking forward the legacy of Carnatic Music KOLANKA ANIL KUMAR a well established Violinist, has proved his metal by receiving accolades from the rasikhas of music as well as critics.
With blessings and guidance of grand father and renowned Mridanga Vidwan Late Shri. Kolanaka Venkata Raju garu and father Shri. Kolanaka Laxman Rao well known Mridangist and Retd. Lecturer of Hyderabad Music and Dance College, and Smt. Kalanka Rajeswari, he learned the nuances of Carnatic Violin from Guru. late. Shri Peri Sree rama murthy (retired lecturer.government college of music & dance top graded violinist) at the early age of 12 years.
He started performing at an age of 15, and have impressed the audience with his creativity and control over the instrument. He has paired with his younger brother with perfect synchronization and melodious rendition of keertanas with indepth Bhava(Feel).
He is working as Violin lecturer ind for the past 2 decades. He has imparted training to many students who went on the become professional Violinist and good teachers.
He is a B high graded artist of All India Radio and Doordarshan for the last 15yrs.
Major performances in India and abroad
- Performed in Vaggeyakara Yuva Sangeethotsavam conducted by Dept. of Culture Govt. of A.P, South Zone Cultural Centre, Thanjavur, and Hyderabad Festival.
- Performed in the music festival organized by Saraswathi Gana Sabha of Kakinada.
- Performed in Tyagaraja Aradhana Festival organized by Tyagaraja Gana sabha and number of other leading sabhas.
- Performed in Sangeeth Sammelan of A.I.R.
- Performed in Sangeeth Nataka Academy organized events in major cities all over india.
- Performed in all the leading Sabhas in Chennai, including Music academy,Narada gana sabha, Krishna gana sabha and others.
- Performed in many fusion concerts at many international
- and corporate shows in collaboration with different artists of India and abroad.
- He visited Japan,Mauritius,costarica. peru etc.
Over the years, he has achieved wide acclaim in the field of music and has a promising future.